The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!
Makes: 20 cookies Prep time: 10 min Baking time: 8 - 10 min
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup butter flavoured shortening
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla and egg in a mixing bowl. Beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture, beat on low just until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) and beat on low just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes for moist in the middle cookies, bake for 10 minutes for a crispier version (they are both delicious!).
- Spread remaining cookie dough into The Smart Cookie™ and store in the freezer for future
Smart Cookie Baking Tips
It is easy to roast your own nuts at home, here’s how:
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. Every 10 minutes stir the nuts to ensure even roasting. Bake anywhere between 20—30 minutes. Once you can smell the nuts roasting it is time to remove from the oven. Make sure to keep a watchful eye on the nuts as they can easily burn.