These cheese filled meatballs are great apps for a party, they are very filling and satisfying. A little goes a long way.
1.5 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups bacon bits, divided
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese cut into 32 cubes
- In a large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients (beef through to salt).
- Sprinkle half of the bacon bits evenly across the bottom of the Meatball Master.*
- Spread the meat mixture evenly over the bacon.
- Sprinkle the remaining bacon evenly over the meat.
- Place the lid over the meat, and press lightly just to score the meat.
- Insert a cheese cube into each section.
- Place the lid over the tray and press down firmly to cut through the meat.
- In a deep saute pan on medium high heat, fry the meatballs in small batches in an inch of vegetable oil. Make sure the meatballs are cooked until no longer pink inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Store any uncooked meatballs in the freezer.
*If you don't have a Meatball Master, roll the balls individually, stuff each one with cheese then roll in the bacon bits to coat. Fry as directed above.
Watch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ITaneq4VRw