Serve these full flavored Cheesy Sausage Puffs at your next party or family brunch! Use the Meatball Master to make the puffs quickly and easy to store in the fridge or freezer until needed.
Yield: 32 puffs
- 1.5 pounds mild or hot Italian sausages, removed from casings
- 3 cups (240g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Brown and drain the sausage meat, making sure to break up the meat into little pieces as it cooks. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the following ingredients: melted butter, eggs, sour cream, salt, baking powder and flour.
- Add the sausage and cheese.
- If the mixture is too wet (too sticky to handle) add more flour.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom tray of the Meatball Master. Place in the freezer for at least an hour to make the puffs easier to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the puffs on the sheet approximately 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.